Monday 12 November 2012

The Body Shop | Hemp Face Protector & Aloe Soothing Night Cream Review & Pictures

Hi Girls ,

Long essay post alert!

I finished work early last week so i went for a little window shop and popped into my local body shop, I've never really got into products from the body shop in the past but I'm not really sure why. I was in there for absolutely ages having a butchers at everything. I think the shop assistant thought i was a bit dodgy and up to something i was in there so long, lingering around like a bad smell!
 
So anyway there were a few things that caught my eye, but even after trying all the testers a few times i didn't actually buy them, i just couldn't decide. I've got so many face creams i thought I'd better control myself for once and not buy anymore but then a few days later my skin suddenly got so sore and sensitive i logged onto the body shop website and brought the 2 face creams I'd been eyeing up. 
 



I got the Aloe soothing Night cream (£11 for 50ml) and the Hemp face protector (£8 for 50ml) I'd seen a few reviews on the hemp face cream from people with eczema and sensitive skin so i thought this would be the better of the two. 

 I actually found that the Hemp face cream stung my face even though its for very dry skins, it was so bad on my dry cheeks that i don't use on my face at the moment. I've been using this as a hand/arm cream and its fine and not stingy at all so at least i can use it and it wasn't a waste. Maybe it will be better when my skin has calmed down a bit and isn't so sensitive and sore. It does contain fragrance so maybe this is the problem? it does smell quite nice though, sort of florally & fresh.
So onto the Aloe Soothing Night cream. This has been amazing for me recently, when my skin gets sore it gets really sore and this has really saved & soothed it. I slather it over my dry cheeks and it worked wonders, it sinks right in and isn't greasy in the slightest. It doesn't have perfume either which is a massive bonus for me. It's not the best moisturiser in the world but it helped my skin get back to normal without breaking me out.
 
Both creams are really thick, if you shake the pot around the creams stay put and don't budge. The Hemp Cream is a little thicker I'd say and takes a little longer to rub it but it isn't greasy in the slightest. The hemp cream makes my hands feel really soft so if your skin isn't as reactive and sensitive as mine then this would probably be quite nice for you.
 
I have repurchased another aloe night cream along with the Calming facial cleanser, day cream and luxury face flannel. I was going to buy all of these anyway but then i came across the gift set below which is amazing value @ £14 - it would be £28 if purchased separately.

 
I have now purchased the Aloe body Butter, lip treatment & restoring Mask, i will write a long old review on it all once I've gave it a thorough testing
 
Which products do you love from the body shop?

Enter my 100 Follower giveaway here

15 comments:

  1. Haha I've definitely gotten looks from workers when I linger in a store for 'too long' (whatever that means)... sometimes you just need to take your time and mull things over though before committing to a purchase!!

    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sometimes I feel like that in stores too! I like to look at everything in a store haha and I end up being there for like an hour and buying one thing XD
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love bodyshop products, I need to get myself on their online store next time they do one of their 40% off offers!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love their aloe vera bits at the mo xx

      Delete
  5. I used to love the body shops vitamin e cream but i couldnt stand the smell lol

    Great post - followed you back :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I,too, have only recently tried TBS products. I don't know why I didn't try them before and like you, I just go inside their shop, look around and leave. Now I have a loyalty card and am truly enjoying their products. I will try the Hemp cream for my uber dry hands. I have very sensitive skin so I don't buy face creams other than Clinique. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. more about the hemp treatments.skincare

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Huile de cbd achat en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your website is like a goldmine of knowledge. Thank you for all the valuable insights. Also read this post Hemp Kumkumadi Face Oil

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned so much from your recent post. Your research and attention to detail are impressive. Looking forward to more informative content! Also view our Product - Hemp Kumkumadi Face Oil – 10 ml

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...